Acceptance Letter Deadline
TDA 25. International
– Exhibition Dates
Myths and Truths in the Treatment of Apical Periodontitis
Like all health care clinical disciplines, dentistry is focused on the prevention or elimination of disease. Specific to endodontics is the prevention or elimination of pulp space infections and associated inflammatory Periapical disease. Chronic apical periodontitis is an inflamatory disorder of periradicular tissues caused by persistent microbial infection within the root canal system. The main goal of endodontic treatment is to prevent or eliminate the infection in root canals. Persistent or emerging apical periodontitis occurs when root canal treatment has not adequately performed. Usually presence of post treatment disease reflects poor clinical techniques ant the failure to eliminate infection. Alternatively, the complexity of root canal anatomy, true cysts, resistant microorganisms and foreign objects may also decrease healing rates of root canal treatment. The aim of this lecture is to provide an overview of clinical studies about apical periodontitis and to discuss the myths and truth.
The objectives of the presentation are given below:
- Myths and truths about pulpal anesthesia
- Myths and truths about working length
- Myths and truths about root canal preperation
- Myths and truths about root canal medicaments and irrigation protocols
- Myths and truths about Single visit vs. multiple visit treatments
- Intracanal medication and irrigation
- Myths and truths about root canal obturation techniques and materials
- Success rates of root cal treatment
- Myths and truths about Implant vs. root canal treatment
Prof Dr Yoldaş was born in Mersin. He studied dentistry at the University of Gazi where he graduated in 1993. He started his PhD research at the same university and received his PhD in 1998. He was appointed as “Associte Professor” in 2005 and as “Professor” in 2010. Dr Yoldaş is now vice dean and head of Endodontics of Çukurova University Faculty of Dentistry. He is married and has a son.